Hospitals around the world are grappling with COVID-19. The key to this challenge is making sure our hospitals have the equipment to treat people with respiratory problems. In this context, ventilators are lifesaving pieces of medical equipment but there are not enough ventilators for the projected number of people who will become ill. This is a call for action!
While engineering firms could consider switching some manufacturing to help ramp production of the vital equipment, state-of-the-art ventilators will still take too long to manufacture. That’s why we’re looking to emerging markets for Rapidly Manufactured Ventilation Systems (RMVS).
WHAT WE NEED: RAPIDLY MANUFACTURED VENTILATION SYSTEMS
We are looking for an existing, proven technology that can be rapidly adapted to be built in the UK. The winning technology will be adapted for manufacture and use in the UK through UCL’s Institute for Healthcare Engineering with GDI Hub and will receive a licensing fee.
WHAT YOU GET: OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT COVID-19 EFFORTS GLOBALLY AND A ROUTE TO MARKET IN THE UK AND BEYOND
We are offering the winning technologies:
- Global exposure and recognition for your technology
- Support from a pop-up team of experts from University College London Institute of Healthcare Engineering to support technology to be manufactured
- A fee per ventilator or spare parts for the ventilator — to be determined
- And more…
- Launch: Monday 16 March (21:00 GMT)
- Close : Tuesday 24 March (09:00 GMT)
- Final Selection: Wednesday 25th March (09:00 GMT)
Click here, for more information and to apply.
This content was republished with authorization from Mr. Basit Abdul as a channel to get to more possible candidates for this initiative. Click here to go to the original source.